Games are played 4 on 4 + goalies. This is a non-contact league. There will be two referees at all times. Penalties result in the team being shorthanded for two minutes; the player sits in the penalty box.
Warm-up and Game time
Each game has exactly 60 minutes allocated to it in the gym.
- 4 minute warmup
- 24 minute first half
- 2 minute intermission
- 24 minute second half
- Face-offs are at the beginning of each period only
In the event of a tie game after 48 minutes of play. A best of 3 (NHL Style) shootout will take place.
- This is a bring your own hockey stick league!
- No tape on the blade
- Wearing your own pair of hockey gloves during games is mandatory for everyone throughout the competition.
- Everyone playing in a game must wear a helmet with a cage at all times.
- Goalies must wear a goalie mask, chest protector, goalie pads, blocker, trapper and a cup.
- Not required but recommended.
- The gymnasium is located at the back of the Nepean Sportsplex (entrance #4).
- Locker rooms and lockers will be available to each team for every game - locks will not be provided.
- Please arrive a few minutes early to your first game in order to receive your team jerseys (performance t-shirt).